Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 5: Chicago to St. Paul via the Great River Road!

Hey all!
Hope and I are on the Great River Road in Minnesota! We will be staying with my friend Kenneth tonight before leaving REALLY EARLY tomorrow morning for the Badlands. The Midwest has treated us very well today- Illinois, Wisconsin, and currently the Land of a Thousand Lakes! From La Crosse Wisconsin we hopped on Rt. 61 and have been driving along the Mississippi! We have passed through several cute river towns and have been taking in the beautiful sights of the forested hills meeting the edge of the water.

Last night, we arrived in Chi-town and stayed at my friend Jill's apartment in the Ukrainian Village. After an excellent pasta dinner and some delightfully refreshing cucumber water, Jill took us up to her co-workers house to feed some really big cats! After getting back to Jill's, Hope hit the sack and I stayed up with Jill and her friend Dan debating the institution of marriage and watching Sex and the City. Once my head hit the pillow, I was DONE-ZO!

I'm really looking forward to experiencing a small slice of the Twin Cities and catching up with Kenneth.

More news to come on the road to South Dakota!

Over and Out,
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment